Did anyone out there watch any NCAA football this weekend?!!?? It might have been the most exciting weekend I’ve ever seen.
Now, I am not a huge fan of American football but it has its appeal. One of the exciting things about the sport is the last-second win, which comes quite often. However, Saturday’s college results defied logic, to wit:
- #2 USC scored a last second TD to beat #9 Notre Dame.
- The #23 Wisconsin Badgers (“Fuck ‘em, Bucky!”) scored 2 TDs in less than 90 seconds to beat #22 Minnesota and win Paul Bunyan’s Axe. This is the longest-running rivalry in NCAA division 1-A sports, with the teams meeting every year since 1907 and every year but one since 1890!
- The unranked Michigan Wolverines Go Blue!) scored a TD to beat previously undefeated #8 Penn State 27-25 with no time remaining.
- #6 Alabama (“Go Bama! Roll Tide!!”) kicked a last second field goal to beat Mississippi 13-10.
- #14 UCLA came back from 21 pts. down on the road to beat Pac-10 conference rival Washington St. 44-41 in overtime.
- Unranked West Virginia upset #19 Louisville 46-44 in 3OT when a 2 point conversion attempt by Louisville failed.
- #14 Boston College scored a touchdown with 1:18 remaining to beat the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.
I mean, are you kidding me?